Lot's of GDI's/haters on the internet lately (they don't have anything better to do I guess).
They will say that you are just a cookie cutter ho who wears the same outfit as your 200 sisters. What they don't realize is you have fun. A LOT more fun than then will ever have in college or the real world. They don't get that you know it's college, that's why you are having fun now. Because lord knows in a few years you will be happily married with a great job, an even better husband and some cute kids. And they will be single, living off their parents and working for you. Know why? Here's why:
- Over 800 campuses in the United States and Canada participate in GreekLife.
- All but two US presidents since 1825 have been Greek
- All but two US VP's since 1825 have been Greek
- All of the Apollo 11 Astronauts were Greek
- 85% of the Fortune 500 executives belong to a fraternity
- Graduation rates for Greeks- 70%. GDI's- 50%
- 1 st Female Senator was Greek
- 1 st Female Astronaut was Greek
- The Greek system is the largest network of volunteers in the US, with members donating over 10 million hours of volunteer service each year
only 2% of the US population is Greek.
So, while we have TFM, they have TGDIM and TCCM.
We have hundreds of "sisters" and "brothers" who will be our best friends for life. They have the their chemlab partner and fr year dorm mate. Going Greek is not for everyone, obvi, but if you know what's good for you and your future, you made it into a set of letters and you made it to this site.
I wear nike shorts and take addy like a champ, I'll be the first to tweet about it. But I also get good grades and will go to graduate school.
My sisters spend just as much time planning recruitment as studying for their tests (ok, more). We have Honors students, Engineers, Chemistry, Physics, English, Political Science, History, Education, Communications and Business Students. We have studied in many different countries. We have almost 100% involvement in other activities. We play intramural and club sports, we do ROTC, we have jobs. We joined a lifelong bond and stuck with it.
If you're greek, raise your hand. If you're not....raise your standards.